Friday, December 10, 2010

Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years - Jim Fay, Charles Fay

***
I liked this book. While I don't agree with all their stances - they think spanking is cruel and that babies aren't defiant till they're two! - they were the first parenting book that I've read to give helpful PRACTICAL tips on how to deal with toddlers. I love their techniques to deal with tantrums and their helpful tips with response "procedures" that help you keep your cool in the heat of disobedience.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Nice. I'll give this one a read.

What happened to the 2 books that my reader said you had reviewed here a few weeks ago? One was about sex... :)

Julie Handel said...

I did a blog binge and added all the images of books that I've read but haven't had time to review... hopefully I'll get quite a few knocked out this afternoon during leo's nap :)