Monday, August 20, 2007

Sex God - Rob Bell

***
My first introduction to Bell's work, this book was very approachable, entertaining and enlightening. I especially liked the chapters on Angels and Animals (comparing the extremes of "denying our sexuality or being driven by it") and Under the Chuppah - maybe I'm just partial because I got married under one :) While he had lots of interesting points to make and just as many interesting allegories and anecdotes to illustrate those points, I would hesitate to call this book ground breaking - I know, I have high standards. But it would be a great book to introduce the Christian perspective on Sex to someone - possibly teenagers?? Someone with those thoughts more on the brain whilst reading Sex God might have to confirm that thought. Overall I'm glad I read it, but probably wouldn't suggest it to someone who had a solid grounding in the subject already.

No comments: