Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sharing Food, Christian Practices for Enjoyment - L. Shannon Jung

***
This book takes a close look at how we as a culture are "practicing eating". Definitely flavored by all the food industry buzz words, this book also delivers an interesting perspective on how to personally enjoy God's blessings and how to share with others, both in your local community and internationally. I came across this book while doing research for my communion devotional. The chapter on communion was interesting but focused more on the community eating than the work of Christ memorialized. Worth reading if you are interested in the the cultural impact of eating and analyzing the generally accepted sociological aspects of how our culture eats.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Given my love for eating and sharing meals, I'll have to read this one.

Erin said...

I want to read this one, too!